(I was given a free Dual Pocket Running Belt in exchange for a blog post on my opinion and a gear review. All words and opinions are my own. Giveaway at the bottom.)
Lately I have been having a weird issue with low energy while in the middle of a run. I have started carrying peanut butter packs or a Bobo’s Oat Bar while running, just in case. The desire to carry my phone with me while training (so I can Instagram and tweet…oh yeah, and for safety), combined with the need for something to carry it all in (besides putting it all in my sports bra), left me looking for an accessory to fit my needs.
So when I got an email to try the Dual Pocket Running Belt by SLS3, I jumped at the opportunity!
I’ve taken the belt out on many runs already and have loved it! The SLS3 Dual Pocket Running Belt will definitely be a part of the majority of my runs and races from here on out.
It is exactly as it sounds: a running belt with two pockets. Bonus: there are also a bunch of other wonderful features such as it’s water proof, adjustable, and “expandable” (it stretches to fit whatever you need to carry with you). It’s very lightweight and weighs as much as whatever I put in it. I tested the SLS3 Dual Pocket Belt by putting as much stuff in it that I might need in the future (maybe for a long run or a race). It was stuffed with two energy bars, a phone, car keys, and credit cards/ID (fits my android that’s bigger than an iPhone) and probably could have fit more!
The only other running belt I have, or even have tried, is a water carrier belt; I couldn’t even tell you what brand. When I run with that fully load with my belongings and water, it bounces around on my butt like crazy, and I can never get it adjusted just right to be comfortable. I end up with some sort of chaffing. This is not the case with this SLS3 belt. It didn’t bounce, ride up or down and stayed exactly where I put it on my waist.
- Two zippered pockets (making it so I’m not worried stuff will fall out).
- Fully adjustable waist band that’s easy to adjust (fits sizes 24″ to 32″).
- Small and compact (1.5″ wide without anything in it).
- Connects with a plastic buckle.
- Fully washable.
- Four colors to choose from: lime, purple, blue, and black. (Blue’s my favorite!)
Why I really liked it:
- Very comfortable!
- Didn’t bounce around while running.
- Water resistant – even the zipper! (That means you can wear it in the rain and snow AND your sweat also doesn’t leak through.)
- Lightweight – I barely noticed it was there and was only as heavy as the stuff I put in it.
- Fashionable! It looks good, not like some that stick out when you run and look goofy.
- Expandable (the pockets look small, but they fit a lot of things I want with me for a run).
- I can’t really think of any except the fact that it doesn’t have a place for water. Then again, if I needed a water belt, I would try SLS3’s Hydration Running Belt.
This running belt has been added to my running gear collection as a staple. I haven’t raced with it yet, but I look forward to having a secure, comfortable place to put my car key and phone for the next race I run!
Also, save 40% off the SLS3 Website with coupon code: BLOG40
GIVEAWAY: Enter to win your own! Click HERE to enter the raffle!